Open call for CVs: Dynamic multi-talented professionals sought for varied strategy and communications consultancy roles
Evenflow is a strategy and communications micro-consultancy specialised in the promotion, exploitation and adoption of innovative technologies. Following recent successes, we are looking to expand our team and are inviting expressions of interest from talented individuals for a range of possible roles.
Founded in January 2015, and headquartered in Brussels, Evenflow offers independent services in the areas of communication, exploitation (commercialisation and uptake of research results), business development, strategy and management consulting, and project coordination.
Evenflow is actively involved in the conceptualisation and implementation of high-impact, collaborative projects related to the uptake of primarily space-based services and applications, often in combination with other innovative technologies such as crowdsourcing and UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles). Two key focus areas are Earth Observation and Satellite Navigation, linked to the European Union’s flagship programmes Copernicus and Galileo.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate would be a versatile, multi-talented individual with a broad interest in new technologies and their applications. The key ingredients are a combination of strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking, good problem-solving/analytical capabilities, the ability to understand and communicate complex ideas effectively, and – above all – an entrepreneurial spirit coupled with a keen willingness to learn.
A technical or scientific background is not a prerequisite but it may be advantageous. Any of the following areas of thematic expertise would be favourably regarded: natural and environmental sciences, engineering, space-related studies, economics and science communication. In addition, knowledge of the European Union’s funding schemes (e.g. Horizon 2020, FTI, LIFE, ENI, IPA etc.) would be considered an asset.
Although a full-time hire is the desired outcome, we would be interested in potential part-time or freelance arrangements as well.
What we offer
Evenflow offers the opportunity to:
- Play a strong role in a young, dynamic and growing company;
- Enjoy an upbeat and inclusive working environment, in which your ideas are valued and your work-life balance is respected;
- Work on various aspects of exciting, high-tech projects in a wide range of application domains (agriculture, environment, emergency management, science outreach, etc.);
- Develop professionally and enhance your transferable skill-set as well as your thematic expertise;
- Travel, meet clients and build your professional network across Europe;
- Earn a competitive salary, take on well-defined responsibilities from the outset and shape your future role within the team as the company grows.
The qualities we are looking for are summarised below.
- English language proficiency in both written and spoken forms; additional languages are an advantage;
- Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills;
- Organisation, time management and task prioritisation skills;
- Deep-seated curiosity and interest in the potential of new technologies and their applications;
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines when necessary;
- Willingness to contribute to day-to-day operational or administrative tasks;
- Intimate understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
Any combination of the following skill-sets:
- Aptitude for qualitative and/or quantitative analytical work, critical thinking and problem-solving;
- A flair for outreach, communication, persuasion and awareness-raising through publications (using both new and traditional media) and events;
- Idea generation, development and implementation, knowledge of funding instruments and commercialisation schemes, desire to build new products and/or services.
- Knowledge and/or experience of EU funding schemes;
- Solid experience of managing projects, deadlines, tasks, etc.;
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint;
- Graphic design/layout skills, flair for high-impact visual communication products (e.g. infographics, Prezi)
- Familiarity with Asana
If you would like to express your interest in working for Evenflow, please write to email@example.com enclosing your CV and a motivation letter (max. 1 page) outlining: (1) your reasons for applying, (2) your main strengths and weaknesses and (3) a description of your dream job. This call for CVs will remain open until further notice, and/or until the relevant positions are filled. We expect to commence the first round of interviews before the end of May.